Monday, September 28, 2009

Four Days Until HOCKEY!

I have never been more glad to be included in the "Toronto Region" than last night. I have no idea how 2 1/2 hours away counts as in the region, but I got to witness the ridiculousness that was last night's Sabres/Leafs game. I'm really glad we eventually managed to hang onto a lead for more than a minute or so! If my heart was racing that much during a preseason game, I can't wait for the actual season to start. It feels like I've been tweeting "#isitOctoberyet?" for years now. hehe.

There's an interesting article about Patrick Kaleta in the Buffalo News today Not only is he getting involved in charity work (ps - HITS is the most aptly named foundation ever), but it has the following quote in it:

"He's got good skill," Ruff said. "He's on penalty killing, which tells you he's a smart player. He's a great skater. I want him to think hockey.

"He's had to survive and probably got here because he had to think, "I've got one crack at it. I've got to antagonize and I've got to hit people.' I still want that, but I want him to be able to play, too.


Kaleta is my kind of player. If he can manage to keep his game on the rougher side and start playing smarter? I will love him forever. Seriously. Plus he's got better fashion sense than a lot of players. *cough* Roy *cough* Here's a pic I took at the Red Carpet before last Wednesday's game as proof.



Also? I absolutely cannot wait for hockey on my tv. I have Center Ice ordered. My fridge will soon be re-stocked with Molson. I'm ready to bounce around on my couch and yell like an idiot. Bring it.

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited to see what Kaleta can do. We've seen spurts of him being quite talented with skills so I can't wait to see how he does being put into different situations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like the joke my dad and I have about wanting a goal from Peters with an assist from Kaleta is no longer valid. heh. I'm really hoping Kaleta can work with Lindy and become better with the skills while still putting guys back in their place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I yell like an idiot too! Yay for yelling like an idiot!

    ReplyDelete